On October 16th, 1817, eight barrels of Guinness beer arrived in South Carolina. Those eight barrels contained the first Guinness brew to ever be shipped to America.
In honor of the 200th anniversary of that momentous event, Guinness is releasing an “Anniversary Export Stout.”
Brewed in Ireland, the “200th Anniversary Stout” takes a formula inspired by that first Guinness brew that was shipped stateside. This “reinterpretation” of a historic brew is brewed with Black Patent Malts and Golding Hops.
Peter Simpson, Head Brewer at the Open Gate Brewery in Dublin (where the anniversary stout is brewed) said. “We took a look at that export stout’s recipe from 1817 in our brewing records and used that as our inspiration here,” said Peter Simpson, Head Brewer at the Open Gate Brewery in Dublin (where the anniversary stout is brewed), “but it’s not just an homage to who we were as brewers then or who America was as a country. We’re also using this beer as a way to show how much we’re looking forward to the next 200 years. We knew it had to be special, and we really think this throwback recipe captures exactly what we wanted from 1817 all the way through 2017.”
The historic stout features a sweet taste and aroma. The flavor is a smooth chocolate. And opening the bottle unleashes whiffs toffee and caramel.
The “200th Anniversary Stout” can be found in various bars and stores across the country. A six pack of the special stout costs around 9 dollars.
Guinness is brewed at Open Gate Brewery, the Pilot Brewery at St. James’s Gate, in Dublin Ireland.
Latest posts by Taylor (see all)
- Prevail 3-in-1 Parka by Tekkima - January 22, 2018
- Amazon Echo Show - December 26, 2017
- Halo Vantage - November 22, 2017
- Rezvani Tank Tactical Urban Vehicle - November 19, 2017
- Halo Vantage Home Security Camera - November 16, 2017
- Norlan Vaild Whiskey Glass - November 8, 2017
- Jaguar E-type Zero - November 6, 2017
- R7 MK3 High Fidelity Radiogram - November 5, 2017
- Time of Your Life: Top 10 Best Luxury Watch Brands in the World - November 3, 2017
- Killspencer Utility Weekender - November 2, 2017
- 1959 Ferrari 410 Superamerica Series III - October 30, 2017
- Shinola Runwell Watch - October 30, 2017