House at Big Hill is one of the most recent projects to be undertaken near the Victoria’s Great Ocean Road. It is characterized by its minimalistic design and simplistic form. This home is semi-recessed into the slopes around it and made in a triangular shape that invites lovers of modern architecture to take a peek inside. Its orientation and style are designed to allow those inside to better enjoy the 180-degree views of the Lorne and Airey’s Inlet and Bass Straight with plenty of naturally grown and mature eucalyptuses to peer through.
The House at Big Hill is made out of a natural gray concrete block for the walls, and this is present both inside and outside of the home to give it a more industrial and modern feel. There are black ceilings inside and a dark roof on the outside, helping to hide the house away in the beautiful bushy landscape around it. The interior, though modern, feels intimate and comfortable thanks to the view that is given through the natural shadows and light as well as the use of wooden accents that help to contrast beautifully against the concrete walls and the concrete flooring. The views of the outside areas can be seen through the big picture windows that are occupiable thanks to the inclusion of window seats and deep reveals. This dwelling is a contrast to a normal beach house and offers a solid and comfortable retreat that inspires contemplation, relaxation and a true appreciation for architecture and nature. Learn more here.
Latest posts by Taylor (see all)
- Prevail 3-in-1 Parka by Tekkima - January 22, 2018
- Amazon Echo Show - December 26, 2017
- Halo Vantage - November 22, 2017
- Rezvani Tank Tactical Urban Vehicle - November 19, 2017
- Halo Vantage Home Security Camera - November 16, 2017
- Norlan Vaild Whiskey Glass - November 8, 2017
- R7 MK3 High Fidelity Radiogram - November 5, 2017
- 1959 Ferrari 410 Superamerica Series III - October 30, 2017
- Shinola Runwell Watch - October 30, 2017
- Toto Outdoor Grill Oven - October 28, 2017
- leatherman skeletool - October 25, 2017
- Peka Peka House - October 23, 2017