The Yamaha xs650 Cafe Racer Custom Design by Cognito Moto is a mix and match of some of the best features of bikes all around. It features a stout front-end design that features Suzuki GSX-R’s Brembo calipers and forks from a Yamaha R6. This unique arrangement is attached to the frame by way of a triple clamp that can only be called retro with its unique, custom-made design. The wheels are a bit smaller, as the 17-inch Warp 9 rims have been laced up on both ends. This company used their very own conversion hubs to match the R6 forks to the wheel.
In the back, the swing arm has been given an extension of 2.5 inches and is notched in order to work its way into the 170 tire and 5-inch wide rim. The sprockets were even offset in order to match the girth of the wheel. Its rear brake has also been given an upgrade with the conversion from a drum to a disk. It uses a prototype conversion hub along with a Brembo caliper that allows it greater stopping ability.
The frame itself is still mostly stock with one of their exclusive LED-integrated tail loops added into the mix. The new seat has been upholstered by Ginger McCabe from New Church Moto, and the rear has been propped up using new Fox Podium R Shocks. The suspension and brake mods are unique, but there is even more to speak of with the rebuilt motor that boasts a 700cc kit and a cam and crank that have been rephased to 277 degrees.
Learn more from Cognito.
Latest posts by Taylor (see all)
- Prevail 3-in-1 Parka by Tekkima - January 22, 2018
- Amazon Echo Show - December 26, 2017
- Halo Vantage - November 22, 2017
- Rezvani Tank Tactical Urban Vehicle - November 19, 2017
- Halo Vantage Home Security Camera - November 16, 2017
- 27 Best Watches for Men Under $100 - November 13, 2017
- Norlan Vaild Whiskey Glass - November 8, 2017
- Jaguar E-type Zero - November 6, 2017
- R7 MK3 High Fidelity Radiogram - November 5, 2017
- Time of Your Life: Top 10 Best Luxury Watch Brands in the World - November 3, 2017
- Killspencer Utility Weekender - November 2, 2017
- 1959 Ferrari 410 Superamerica Series III - October 30, 2017